Challenge Week 2008
Click here ..
This is were you will find the detailed program of Challenge Week, May 19 - 22, including workshops, conference, exhibitions and the award´s celebrations in the Stockholm City Hall on the last day of the event.
Over 150 projects have been selected finalists, from the excellent collection of ICT projects that have competed for the Stockholm Challenge 2008 six category awards. They have all been invited to come to Stockholm to participate in all parts of the event, show their work and meet with peers and many others who devote their time, skills and interest to ICT for development.
(Studies Centre for Handicapped Research)
project in finalist
Kindly find useful link:
ICTs for Development in Special Needs Education
- Brief description
Build Bridges to
a Better Future
ICTs training for capacity building, empowerment and combating poverty among the people with disabilities in their communities.
ICTs offer individuals the ability to compensate for special needs to access knowledge by adapting digital media to the nature of their disabilities, and to enhance their social and economic integration in communities.The use (ICT) in special needs is Priority
on the political agendas of countries.
They we need to be taken to move into the information society and the central role played by education in making the information society a reality is clearly highlighted.
Until now information on the use of ICT in the field of special needs education (SNE) has been limited to national and region level and very little information has been available at the world level.
- Vision, Objectives and Goals
The project aims at achieving certain goals for the welfare rural community with special focus on (women ,youth children ) disabilities First it is priority to our programme to spread the ICTs in SNE in the targets areas and establishment of a computer training centre to assist accessibility of ICT to ( Blind , Physically , Deaf Mute , Learning Disability , Down Syndrome , Autistic ) users in the society.
- Maximize the use of computer skills for the welfare or rural communities - Creating job opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Getting the disability cases to directly involved in their communities and achieve economic independence.
- Implementation of many ICT telecentre in the rural areas.
- Creation of public awareness that SN people can utilize their potentials for their use and the society using adaptive technology.
- Promote the use of ICT in educational sectors, rehabilitation, develop disabilities skills, to introduce and support the introduction of ICT into organizations, The present indications are that an "Information Society for All "
- Improve the E – learning experience for disabled students studying. Disabled students are the target of our project.
- The trainee will gain satisfactory experience that enable him /her to be an active member in society.
- Helping people with disabilities through ICT to peruse their academic learning disabilities students to understand the issues relating to the development of accessible learning environment.
- How does ICT contribute to the organisational objectives
- The project
Each year the project influxes punches of ICT disabilities cases , whose skills have become highly estimated into the job market . Thus, The project is working as a tributary the newly growing firms in our country .
Furthermore, the project has enabled many of ICT graduates to be healthy and active members so as to start a family ICT disabled people are no longer pitied on rather they have become productive, sociable and devoted individuals in our society
They have gained self confidence and reliance .
- The center
now a days is
training by ICT
However, rural woman training has to be postponed until some other time when we get better funding.
Practically, to in order to get a better support and push forward our efforts.
We are in need of joint venture investment; it could be a collaboration between a government owned and private sectors. We encourage the formation of rural groups.
However many social and financial obstacles might hinder us.
- Project summary
- In brief ,
We are leading a
for the welfare
of special needs
,Blind , Deaf
and rural women
, we are
that can promote
for disabled and
In this respect we are doing the flowing activities we are setting up a new data base for our local community to care for ICT disabled people.
Also, we lunching a wide spread a awareness in special needs education. We are collaborating with other NGO's in the region and local communities.
The ICT is a playing a vital role in our project as it can:
- Prevail the culture of volunteering work among people.
- Forming groups of trainers.
- Merging handicapped in local society and normal school for disabled students.
- Helping special need families and training them how deal with the their children.
- Creating job opportunities for rural women and disabled cases to combat poverty specially in rural area.
- Promote people awareness about the causes of disabilities.
- Finally our strategy is to implement specialized computer programs and models to help those with special needs,
We have also implemented specialized and targeted courses that aim to promote the knowledge base of individuals with special needs to help them be able to work independently.